Yawn. The first of April has become the most boring day on the web, beating Christmas by a wide margin. And no, I am not going to present a list of the silliest stuff. I will make sure I won‘t to switch on my computer on at all next year.
I am not alone.
Some other possible solutions to the problem:
- Bring out AFML (April Fools Markup Language). Making it an XML Namespace, it might help introducing April Fool context to each news item. Possible elements:
- JOKE: This entry is a joke and can safely read or ignored.
- BAD_JOKE: This entry is a rather rude joke and might harm or confuse readers or drive them into installing viruses.
- WISH: This entry is not true but somehow expresses something I always wanted to have but so far nobody was able to provide.
- News reader support. Add a „Mark all April 1st news items as unread“ or „Hide all April 1st news item“ feature to news reader programs
- Your idea here. Please comment.